Monday, November 24, 2008

Lack of Joy IV: You are free

When Satan tempts me to despair,
and tells me of the guilt within,
upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died,
my sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
to look on him and pardon me.
to look on him and pardon me.


If you are in Christ, you are freed from your sin. Sometimes a lack of joy is Satan tempting you to despair with feelings of guilt over past sin. But you are free. Christ has died for those sins. They now have no power over you. They now cannot separate you from God. This struck me on the weekend when we sang this song at a wedding. Unbidden, tears spring to my eyes. I've struggled so much with guilt, but God, the Just, is satisfied to look on Christ and pardon me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home